Chai Coconut & Pistachio Crumble Cake
Stop pretending that you made that M&S-bought cake next time your workplace has a Bake-Off with this exclusive recipe from The Cake Man Bakery! Hayden shows you how to make this treat as deliciously healthy as possible, and don’t forget to tag us into pictures of your healthy bakes using @lifebyequipe on Insta!
Chai Coconut & Pistachio Crumble Cake - from The Cake Man Bakery
What you'll need:
100ml Olive Oil
300 ml Coconut Milk Organic
2tsp vanilla extract
4 free range eggs
280g golden caster sugar organic
250 flour organic
1tsp baking powder
1tsp of mixed spice (all spice)
1tsp of cardamom powder
1tsp of ginger powder
75 grams of desiccated coco
How to bake it:
1. Mix all the wet ingredients together in a jug or bowl and whisk together.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and all spices then add the sugar and coconut and mix through.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk until combined.
4. Pour into a rectangular mould normally 20x30cm, lined with baking paper.
5. Pop into the oven at 180 degrees for about 25 to 30 mins. Test with a cake tester, should come out clean.
6. Leave to cool. Once cool tip out of tin and peel baking paper from the bottom.
For the Frosting:
220 grams of icing sugar
1. Pour coconut milk into the sugar until a thick but runny consistency. If you add too much milk just add a little more icing sugar to thicken it up.
2. Pour and then spread over the cooled and cooked cake. Then add chia seeds, coconut flakes and pistachio for decoration.
Heading to Barcelona? Get your mitts on The Cake Man Bakery’s cakes:
Connect with The Cake Man Bakery
On Instagram: @thecakemanbakery
On Facebook: @thecakemanbakerybcn