Banana Cake Recipe
Don't dash the dessert when you can get your chops round this delicious and healthier Banana cake recipe from The Cake Man Bakery!
Hayden shows you how to make this treat as deliciously healthy as possible, and don’t forget to tag us into pictures of your healthy bakes using @lifebyequipe on Insta!
Banana Cake - from The Cake Man Bakery
What you'll need:
200 grams of Almond Meal
50 Grams of Buckwheat Flour
1 tsp of Baking Powder
3 medium bananas mashed
150ml of light olive oil
60 grams of walnuts toasted and finely chopped
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of choc chips
1 tsp of vanilla
1 tbls honey
Any fruits and nuts as toppings
How to bake it:
1. Prepare all dry ingredients together (almond meal, flour, baking powder, walnuts, choc-chips) in a bowl and mix together.
2. Put sugar and olive oil in a mixing bowl and beat together using an electric mixer.
3. Add eggs one by one keep mixing.
4. Add banana, honey and vanilla to the wet mixture and again beat together well.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix until well combined.
6. For best shape pour mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake at 180degrees for an hour, may take a little more depending on you oven.
7. Poke with a tester, it should come out mostly clean, test in various places.
If you are unsure pop back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Sometimes almond meal will stick to the tester, a little bit is fine but it should come out mostly clean!!
8. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!
Liked this? Try this Chai Coconut & Pistachio Crumble Cake
Heading to Barcelona? Get your mitts on The Cake Man Bakery’s cakes:
Connect with The Cake Man Bakery
On Instagram: @thecakemanbakery
On Facebook: @thecakemanbakerybcn